Wednesday, December 30, 2009

random ramblings

Well, I am enjoying today. We have lots of clean laundry that has been put away (a miracle!), and we are watching Scamper the Penguin. It may be the most poorly made movie that we own, but Gabe loves it so we are in our fourth viewing. sigh.

I'm doing ok with the fact that we weren't chosen the other day. Someone else had their prayers answered yesterday, and God knows best. I do think that a situation like that one would be perfect for our family. It was quick - which is great for me because I can't stand to wait for anything, and it would have been a closed adoption for Craig. Let me clarify - Craig is willing to do an open adoption, but I know he would be less nervous and more comfortable if it was a more closed adoption. When the right time comes, we won't be given anything more or less than we can handle I'm sure.

I've been in the baby's room a few times putting things away, or moving things around, and haven't been too depressed. Someday soon (hopefully) a beautiful baby will be sleeping in that crib. I may have to come to grips with the fact that my children may be farther apart in age than I wanted, but again, God knows best. It might be better this way. My brother and I were about 4 years apart and we got along really well!

We have a few things to get in order before a baby comes along anyway - the washer is broken! We either have to fix it or get a new one; I'm not going to the laundromat with a newborn and a 3 year old every week! and we need to get that new light/fan combo installed in the baby's room. I also need to contact the company that made the crib and get those stabilizer pieces so the drop down rail won't drop down anymore - due to all the recalls. So, there are a few things to do, we'll be busy. Not that Gabe doesn't keep us busy enough..........

The new year is coming! This also means that we have been in the adoption process for a year. But our profile has only been circulating for about 6 months - we thought we had to complete a home study first (we got some wrong information). I'm trying not to be discouraged with the adoption process, it is what it is. I'm just hoping that something happens for us soon. I know God has a plan - and he has the perfect baby for our family already chosen for us. Everytime the answer is "no" it does provide some comfort to know that it really was someone else's baby. God already had the plan in motion. Kinda stinks that we have to get all excited and hopeful before we find that part out, but oh well. lol.

I think I'm gonna use my new neck massaging pillow now..... it was just as good of a Christmas present for Craig as it was for me! He's off the hook every once in a while now!

No comments:

Post a Comment