Friday, September 25, 2009

trying not to worry

well, we were denied for yet another adoption grant. Just because we pay all our bills on time and are living within our means doesn't mean that this isn't going to be a financial strain! The debt aspect of adoption is what terrified us in the first place! sorry, but it's just frustrating. We choose to drive cars that aren't new - at all - and we have chosen not to redo the bathroom right now (even though it needs it), and we choose to be responsible with the money that we have.

I'm just beginning to feel that because we've been careful and aren't in an economic crisis that we're being punished. I realize that they help those who have special needs and those who don't have jobs like ours first. and I totally agree, except that I'm starting to get scared with this debt looming on the horizon.

I would love to say that we've got it all together financially, I would love to have more than $300 in savings, but I don't. But we are working on it, and we are working on it hard. But I still feel that we're really stepping out on a limb with this adoption expense.

Oh well, the Lord will provide. He always has, and I believe that this is what He wants us to do. He's made that much plain. I will continue to trust that He will pave the way for it to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    i found your blog through adoption voices! I hope you don't mind me stopping by to say hi! Have you checked into Shoahannah's Hope?

    (I love your play list by the way!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, they were the ones that just told us no :o) thanks for putting up with my ranting, and thanks for following, I'm following your blog now too.

    ReplyDelete