Wednesday, December 8, 2010

sick again

Cooper either has another ear infection, or did not get over the first one. I called the pediatrician Saturday night and she said that she was going to be at the hospital in the morning making rounds anyway, and just to bring him to the office on Sunday morning. So, I did, and his left ear is inflamed (still). The doctor and I both listened to his lungs multiple times and neither one of us could tell if the congestion had settled in his chest, or if what we were hearing was the rattling from it sitting in his throat. So, she gave him a breathing treatment in the office, he had a really good cough and then sounded a lot better. So, we went home with a prescription for albuterol nebulizers too. He actually does pretty well with them for a 9 month old. He's also getting a new antibiotic for the ear infeciton. He's been pulling at his right ear too, which concerns me. I hope this antibiotic kicks it because I don't want him to have to have tubes in his ears. Poor little guy. As usual - he's in relatively good spirits for a sick baby. :o) that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment