Wednesday, April 6, 2011

sick sick sick

Little Cooper caught whatever Craig had and his little body just couldn't handle it. He ended up being admitted to the hospital on Monday with dehydration, diarrhea, bronchitis and an ear infection. His main issue was the dehydration though. They were thinking they'd give him fluids overnight and send him home the next day, but he was more dehydrated than we originally thought so he had to stay 2 nights. Poor little guy, all he had the energy to do was lay around. And I wasn't allowed to not be touching him either, which is unusual for him. He's usually very busy and doesn't have time to cuddle.

We did have an amusing experience. I put him in the crib so I could run to the bathroom (which is right in the same room) and he staged such a protest that the nursing student came running in to see what was wrong. haha.

We're home now, we've both had lunch, a bath, and a nap. He just looks so much better than he did Monday and I'm so glad. He had me very worried. Coop is running around now and playing with toys a little, and then he comes back to me and rocks for awhile. His energy is slowly returning, and I think if I can keep pushing the fluids with him he'll be back to normal before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment