Friday, April 8, 2011

I need help with my dog

Alright, our dog Taylor is very close to finding a new home. She's had bladder issues ever since she was spayed as a puppy, but I have reached the end of my patience. Almost every night she pees on my carpet while everyone's asleep. It does not matter if you let her out before bed, or if you limit her water in the evening.

She manages to summon up some pee in the middle of the night just for kicks.

I've even changed her sleeping location because I thought maybe that one area of the carpet was where she thought she was supposed to use the bathroom. So, we put her in the basement for a few nights. You guessed it, she peed down there too.

My only other option is to keep her outside every night, but that seems mean. Especially in the winter time. Suggestions would be great.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a crate? We found that putting our pup in a crate when it's bed time or when we are gone eliminates the problem of going potty in the house. Supposedly, dogs won't "go" anywhere where they will have to sit/lay in it. So far, that has been true for us. My pup doesn't have any bladder issues per say...other than just the fact that he's a puppy...so trying a crate might be worth a shot. I've seen them pretty cheap on craigslist.

    ReplyDelete