Friday, November 19, 2010

first sick visit

Cooper had his first sick visit to the doctor today. I thought maybe he had an ear infection because he was just not getting better, and he cried this morning when I cleaned his ears with the baby Qtips. So, off to the doctor we went, and it turned out I was right. His left ear is inflamed. Now we're back home with our pink bottle of amoxicillin and our ear numbing drops.

The first time I used the ear numbing drops on him today he screamed and screamed when I was trying to get him in the right position in my arms. (this is not unusual - he is quite vocal about anything he dislikes - diaper changes - having his face wiped for any reason - etc) So anyway, he's pitching a fit and I got the ear drops in and about 10 - 20 seconds later he just stops and looks up at me like "whoa!" His face was so funny I couldn't help but laugh at him, and then he started smiling too - so the ear drops got a big thumbs-up today.

He's asleep now though. He's in his pj's, he's had his antibiotic, his infant Aleve, and his ear drops. He's set for the night. He's started sleeping with his butt up in the air, which cracks me up. I really want to get a picture of it, but am too afraid I'll wake him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment