Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm a speaker?

So, I went to do another talk about adoption today. 2nd one so far. This one was at a local college for a family relationships class. I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm certainly no public speaker. So far I've just gone and been honest about our experience, how it's changed our family and anwered any questions as honestly as I could. Here's the thing though - I support adoption, but I don't feel called to preach about it. If you ask, I will GLADLY share as much as you're willing to hear, but that's about it. I like sharing our story, and I like answering questions about it. But I don't think I'm any kind of adoption expert or super-advocate. I don't want to make a blog specifically about adoption related topics, but I'll adress them here as they come up in my life. I liked speaking to that class today though. Not sure how informative I was, lol, but I enjoyed it. A large portion of it was Q and A though, so if there's something they wanted to know and didn't ask....... well, it's their fault. :o)

1 comment: