Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I haven't been here in awhile - life's been too busy.  We also set up a facebook group for communications w/Coop's b.mom so this webpage hasn't really been necessary.  So, I think I'll turn it into my own blog.  Not that anybody follows, but sometimes you just feel better when you get your thoughts out in the open.  :)   Here is what's been going on with me and my family over the past little while.

I have 3.5 weeks left of school and then I will FINALLY have my bachelor's degree.  It's been a long wait to begin it and I can't wait to have it accomplished!  It won't result in a pay increase and really has no effect on my current job whatsoever, but at least my degree won't prevent me from a new opportunity if one comes up.  And if not - oh well!  I'm perfectly happy where I am.  :)

Craig has been at a new job for a little over a year and it has tremendously helped his stress levels. He hasn't had one migraine since he's been there.  He's still doing youth ministry with his best friend at our church.  Speaking of youth ministry - while at a youth event this past summer Craig broke his ankle playing frisbee.  Luckily they didn't insist on casting it and let him continue to work, and he seems to be doing all right with it.

Coop was evaluated for speech therapy and qualifies to attend preschool 4 days a week and to have speech therapy while he's there - for free!  I think it'll be really good for him and I'm excited to see how he blossoms when he's able to make himself understood.

Gabe learned how to ride his bike without training wheels this summer - I never thought he would get there.  He's a big scaredy cat like me.  He is SO proud of himself.  He's also started taking hip-hop dance classes. He saw a group on America's Got Talent do a cool routine and insisted that he be taught how to dance like that.  :)

I've signed up to be a distributor for the It Works body wrap - the most amazing body product I've ever seen or personally used.  More to come on that later....... but I still can't believe it actually does what it says it does with such little effort

So Craig and I are both doing full time jobs and part-time jobs.  I'm hoping to pay down some debt (especially from going back to school) and create some financial freedom for us.   We need some wiggle room.

I think that's probably enough for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment